It has always been said that a pizza the more homemade the better. And what could be better than making a homemade barbecue pizza? The recipe is very easy to follow, so go back , because you’re going to prepare the best pizza in the world.
Ingredients for barbecue pizza (2 people)
For the dough :
- 300 grams of strength flour
- 20 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 glass of water
For the surface:
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 100 grams of minced pork
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 100 grams of bacon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 225 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Olive oil
Preparation of barbecue pizza
Preparation of the dough:
- We will start preparing the pizza dough. To do this, sift the flour in a deep bowl, using a sieve to make it softer. With the help of a spoon , or the joint of a roll of toilet paper, you must make a hole in the center and add a spoonful of salt and yeast . Remove everything well.
- Next, you must add 1 glass of water (equivalent to about 200 ml). As you add it, with the help of some electric rods (that have a lot of power), stir well. Then add the oil and keep stirring . You will notice that the dough is gaining more and more consistency.
- Flour a part of the countertop and put the dough in it. Flour your hands (this will help you do not stick the dough in your hands) and begin to knead it , so that it becomes more and more manageable. With the help of a roller you can make it more elastic by stretching it. Do this process for about 10 minutes.
- Finished kneading, make a ball and paint it with a little oil (this will help you not dehydrate or stay hard). Cover it with a cotton cloth, which is slightly damp, or plastic wrap . Place it in an area of the kitchen where there is not much humidity and it can be at room temperature. You will have to wait for it to double its volume. In summer, this will take about 30 minutes, while in winter it may take an hour.
Preparation of the ingredients :
- While the dough gains volume, go preparing the rest of the ingredients. Place a frying pan on the fire (better if it is non-stick) and heat a little oil over medium heat. Mix both types of meat with your hands (you can buy it mixed if you prefer), so that it is well integrated with a little salt. Add it to the pan when the oil is hot and, with the help of a trowel, you will chop it. You will have to let it fry for about 5 minutes .
- Peel the onion (wash it with water so that its lachrymatory effect is reduced) and cut it into very thin strips . The same should be done with green pepper. When you see that the meat has caught a golden tone add both ingredients, and stir everything with a wooden spoon, cooking little by little.
- With a sharp knife, proceed to cut the chicken breast into strips, short and thin . More or less try to be the same, so that the cooking process is the same. Add the pieces to the pan, sprinkle a little salt and stir. Cover so that it is sautéed for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Check that, after 5 minutes, that the meat is to your liking. Otherwise, leave it a little more. When ready, pour some barbecue sauce (to your taste), stirring well to mix everything for a couple of minutes.
Assemble and cook the pizza :
The dough should already be ready to work, so flour back your work surface and with the help of a roller give the circular shape of a pizza . The ball will give you two medium pizzas, but you can make a large square pizza in the case of having guests.
Turn the oven to 180-200 degrees so that it warms up (program up and down). Spread the whole base of the pizza with the fried tomato, covering it completely . Then add everything you have prepared in the pan , using a spoon so that it is well distributed on the surface.
Chop the bacon and spread it on the surface together with the grated mozzarella cheese . You can use any other type of cheese that you like more. Above, add a little more barbecue sauce, which will give a better flavor to your homemade barbecue pizza.
It is time to put it in the oven, in a tray that is located right in the center of it. Bake between 10-13 minutes approximately . If you want it a bit more golden, leave it a little more and you’ll have your homemade barbecue pizza ready.