Do you want to learn how to prepare the authentic barbecue sauce ? There is nothing better to accompany meats such as pork, or chicken, cooked outdoors. Write down the steps to follow and you will get a fabulous recipe.
Ingredients of barbecue sauce (for 300 grams)
- 1 onion
- 200 grams of natural tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Perrins Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of common honey
- 1 tablespoon of cane honey
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 drops of tabasco (optional)
- Ground black pepper
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThUAfkWw3A” width=”940″ height=”640″]
- To start making your homemade barbecue sauce first of all peel the onion and wash it a little with water. Thanks to this , its lachrymatory effect is reduced . Proceed to chop it into very small pieces. A quick option is to cut into four pieces and use a shredder.
- Heat the soup spoon of olive oil in the pan , at medium temperature. When hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Stir a little and let it cook until it is transparent and soft , which will take about 5-8 minutes .
- Having the golden onion, add the brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon for a couple of minutes. You will notice that the onion goes away caramelizing little by little. You can not stop stirring at any time, or the onion will stick.
- Is it caramelized? It is time to add the tomato sauce and stir well. Cover the pan, reduce the heat a little and wait a couple of minutes for everything to mix well. After a minute, if you want, you can remove it so that it does not stick.
- The time has come to add the rest of the ingredients. For this you must follow the following order: Perrins sauce(you can substitute it if you want Worcestershire sauce), sweet paprika (instead you can use spicy to have a stronger flavor), mustard, honey, ketchup and the soy sauce.
- As you add each ingredient, remove so that everything is mixed in an increasingly thick combination. To make it thicker , add the four tablespoons of vinegar and stir again. Leave a minute mixing everything.
- Finally, add ground black pepper to your taste along with Tabasco . Tabasco is optional, but it will give a better flavor to the sauce thanks to the spicy touch. Cover, reduce the heat to a minimum and let cook for another 5 minutes , stirring occasionally so that it does not stick, and you will have it ready. After three minutes of cooking you can check the flavor, in case you have to rectify some spice.
Conservation of barbecue sauce
Once you have finished making the barbecue sauce you can not serve it without more. This has to reposer at least a couple of hours . So put it in a deep bowl and put it in the fridge until it’s time to eat.
When you have finished the meal, or prepare a dish bathed in this fantastic sauce, to keep it in good condition cover the container with plastic wrap. In this way the sauce will last several days and you can take advantage of it for other dishes.
Homemade Barbecue Sauce 2
- 1/2 onion and 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 glass of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Worcester sauce (but you can replace it with cola)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of Soft Olive Oil La Masía
In a saucepan, heat the La Masía Olive Oil, and sauté very finely chopped garlic and onion on a very low heat. After a few minutes, add the ketchup and stir. We are incorporating the rest of the ingredients while we continue stirring. Remove from heat and let cool to take consistency . If we want a very thin sauce without lumps (remnants of onion and garlic) we can pass it through the masher.
If we want our sauce to have an intense spicy touch, we can add a few drops of tabasco, spicy paprika or ground cayenne to taste.
We will leave the sauce in the fridge two hours before using it , so that all the flavors are integrated. It is perfect to accompany meat in outdoor barbecues, or to marinate meat to make the oven, as a base for pizzas, …