BBQ sauce without sugar, 100% natural
Are you looking for a recipe for barbecue sauce without sugar? Are you one of those who avoid sugar at all costs? You are in the right place Here you have the best sauce to enjoy meat and roasts. 100% natural. 0% honey. 0% sugar
It's hard to find a barbecue sauce without sugar or honey, right?Do not worry, today we show you how to prepare this mythical sauce in a 100% natural way.
No additives or sweeteners, no sugars. And do not think that is why it is less tasty, on the contrary, it is spectacular!With it we have baked some pork ribs. Use it with the meat or vegetables that you like the most.
- COMENSALES: 4
- PREPARATION: 10 minutes
- COOKING: 1 hour
- 1 kg Meat (pork, veal, chicken ...)
- 2 Medium onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 300 g Crushed tomato
- 4 tablespoons White wine vinegar (or apple)
- 1 teaspoon Ñora ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 branch Romero
- 1 branch Thyme
- Olive oil
- Cut the onions and garlic into small pieces. Add a stream of oil to the pan and cook over medium-low heat for at least 1 hour. It should be caramelized to give the sweet spot to the sauce.
- Crush the spices (pepper, coriander and cumin) in the mortar. Add the mixture in the pan together with the ñora and the oregano. Remove for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the crushed tomato, the four tablespoons of vinegar, the thyme and the rosemary. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce is thick. In 15 or 20 minutes you should be at the perfect point. Test and correct salt.
- Spread the meat on all sides and bake at 180ºC until you see that it is tender and the caramelized sauce. These ribs have taken us about 50 minutes. And of course, you can also use it on the barbecue!
As you can see, making a barbecue sauce without sugar is very simple. It is not as fast as making it with ketchup, honey, stevia or other preparations but it allows you to make a 100% natural and healthy dish.
- The point of the onion : We use onions to give the barbecue sauce the sweet touch. I recommend you cook it a minimum of 60 minutes, if you have time you can caramelize it more, over a low heat, allow up to about two hours (depending on the type of onion).
- Shake the sauce? : If you do not like the pieces of onion you have two options: cut it very thin and cook it for more than an hour or shred it before spreading the meat. It is not recommended to crush because it loses color and the flavors "get lost", but if you like a fine sauce ... Go ahead.
- Why do we use spices in grain? : The flavor improves with respect to ground spices. They are fresher and more intense. Buy in grain and crush at the moment, you will notice the difference.
- Conservation of this BBQ sauce : Hold several days in the fridge without any problem. If you want to improve the taste of the meat, add it the day before and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
More Sauces On Amazon