build your barbecue
Would you like to have a beautiful and beautiful brick barbecue in the garden of your home? Without a doubt, they are the best thing for meetings with friends. However, are you sure they are what you need? Before you should not know them a little more?
Types of construction barbecues
Before thinking about buying a barbeque, do you know that there are two types? Those that have a bell and those that do not. Each one covers a series of needs. However, what are the differences between one or the other?
- Barbecue with hood: These channel the air better, which helps to create better combustion and smoke conduction. In addition, sparks that can be generated can be better controlled. They turn out to be quite practical, because the smoke does not go straight to the face. On the other hand, these tend to be more beautiful aesthetically and with more defined finishes.
- Barbecue without bell: Helps to have a better vision of the food that is being cooked, because there are no barriers that prevent the vision of what is being cooked. This helps you to cook the dishes better. However, the smoke goes straight to the face, which can be annoying.
What advantages does this type of construction barbecue offer you?
Surely you have already looked at several projects to build a barbecue. But are the advantages it offers just what you need? Know them!
- Its main advantage is the size, being able to build it in the way and with the design that is the taste of the owner.
- Since they are made with brick, stone or clay they are usually more durable than coal or gas models.
- They are quite comfortable, since they will always be assembled and prepared to make a barbecue.
- Due to its large size you can cook a lot of food when there are meetings with several people.
- They do not require much maintenance and are easy to clean.
- For combustion, coal or firewood is used, so you will have the same as in a charcoal barbecue but much more durable.
- It can be integrated into the environment if it is manufactured with the same materials as those of the house.
How to know if a work barbecue is for you
Having a barbecue is the soil of every lover of outdoor food. Now, are you sure you would not be better off buying another style? This is what you have to keep in mind before buying a brick barbecue!
- Space: It is true that there are small work barbecues, but the best thing of this type is that they are great to fully enjoy their potential. If you have a large garden, or a lot of land, you should not worry. But if it's small, you should look at other options.
- Budget: No, do not worry. Nowadays the barbecues of work are quite economic. You will easily find models that are around 50-70 euros, but they are very basic. A good barbecue can cost more than 1,000 euros. That if, once mounted you will have a barbecue for life.
- Use: More in the frequency of use, when thinking about buying a barbecue of work or not, you have to think, where do you like to make barbecues? Do you like to do them at home or go to the country and do it with your friends? Remember that these barbecues are fixed and can not be moved.
- Style: Once you have decided if you want a brick barbecue with a bell or without a bell, it is time to choose the style. There are two models: modern and vintage. The retro style is an exact representation of the barbecues of the early twentieth century, but with the comforts of modern models. In contrast, modern ones have a more striking aesthetic.
What will be the best location for your construction barbecue?
The great advantage of mobile barbecues is that you can change them whenever you want, until you find the most suitable one. But it will not be the case of a construction barbecue. So in this case you're going to have to think a lot about where you're going to install it.
You must avoid at all costs to be near doors or windows . If it's a barbecue with a bell that helps send the smoke to the sky, there will be no problem. But, what if you buy one without a bell? All fumes can end up inside the house and it is very annoying.
Neither should it be installed near the area where your guests eat. It is true that it is nice to receive the smell of food on the barbecue , but not the smoke. Also avoid being near a swimming pool area. The floor of the barbecue area should be made of slab , to avoid that if a spark leaks it could cause a fire.
I want to paint my work barbecue, is it difficult?
You may not like the color of your new bbq, or over time you end up being bored with the color it has. In that case, what can you do? So paint it yourself! Painting a work barbecue is very easy , and we will explain step by step how to do it:
- Delimit the area you want to paint, using body builder tape or a thick tape that allows you to separate the areas you are going to paint.
- To close the pores of the concrete blocks you will have to pour a water fixer before you start painting.
- With everything ready, it's time to paint. For corners use a thick brush, while the larger surface is better to use a roller. Thanks to the fixer, the paint will stay stuck.
- You will have to wait until the paint dries before continuing. Once dry, apply a second coat with a special exterior paint, first with the brush and then with the roller.
- Dry the paint, remove the tape and apply a special effect to the concrete of your barbecue. Thanks to this it will seem that your barbecue is completely new.
How to clean a brick barbecue
It is not necessary to be cleaning the work barbecue every two minutes . In fact, with an annual maintenance you can have a cooking partner for life. Now, it is recommended that you do at least a little maintenance .
To clean it you have to use coffee grounds, oil and newspaper. With the help of a brush remove all the ashes from the barbecue. Now clean that area, place newspaper papers . Using the coffee grounds, rub the newspapers and the grill, so you can eliminate the fat that is embedded. The remains will be on newspaper.
Finally, using the oil you have to review each of the bars on the grill. This will help prevent them from rusting. A process that will take you only half an hour and you will have it gleaming, as if it were new.
How to make a work barbecue
Although there are companies that can set up your work barbecue, what if you want to make an authentic homemade barbecue? You do not have to be very handy to assemble the barbecue you've bought.
Materials you will need:
- Glue gun
- Putty (that supports the high temperatures)
Assemble a work barbecue step by step:
- Once a level and rigid place has been chosen (it should not be loose or very soft ground) you must place the base of the barbecue with a ribbon. Fix the pieces to the floor using putty.
- Next, you have to mount the sink piece, the work area and the grill part. The putty is the best to fix it, but you must join each piece also with a little cement to ensure its strength.
- Waiting for the structure to dry a little, place the grill (remember that it must be adapted to the shape of your grill).
- The chimney, the hood, the drain and the fans have to be installed. Some models may not have bell or fans, it all depends on the money you have decided to spend on your work barbecue.