When buying a barbecue there are many models available, among the best-selling gas barbecues stand out for being fast, efficient and with an economical price.
Best gas barbecues in the market. Discover them!
What are the advantages of these barbecues?
Exactly, what advantages do they have for you to decide to buy for a gas barbecue? The first thing is the speed of the ignition . Just press a button and wait about 5 minutes to start. This helps to make the task of cooking fasterand with much more margin when improvising.
For some, a barbecue is associated with making a large smoke. The smoke is not unpleasant for many people, but for those who do, the gas barbecues are perfect. They do not generate it during the ignition or during cooking, which makes them much healthier.
Another advantage is that these barbecues allow to control the power better. With other barbecues, such as coal, you must place the coal evenly on each side of the barbecue so that the heat is well distributed. With the gas is not necessary, because with pressing a few buttons you can light one area or another of the barbecue.
In addition, the intensity of the heat is fully adjustable, with wood or coal barbecues, the flames can grow to touch the food, being able to burn the surface and leaving the interior too raw.
Gas barbecues usually have a longer life than a coal barbecue. The greater durability of these barbecues means that, although the investment is greater for buying a barbecue with superior characteristics, the longer the investment is more profitable and therefore, the gas barbecue is cheaper.
On the other hand, there is the issue of security. Since it uses gas, these barbecues are much safer than coal, because it reduces the chances that a coal could jump because of the wind and cause a fire. With this type of barbecues you do not have to worry.
Space for some could be a problem, since gas barbecues are usually large. However, today there are small and even portable gas barbecue models for those who want to go to the countryside or do not have so much space in the garden.
How to choose the ideal gas barbecue?
You do not have very clear what you should take into account when buying your gas barbecue? It can be difficult to see so many models in the market, but here are the things to keep in mind:
- The size: What size do you need for your gas barbecue? Think that these are larger than other types of barbecue, so you may need a lot of space. But, if your idea is to take it when you go on a trip, you will have to look for a more compact model.
- Will you use it often ?: Do you like to hold family reunions? Or will you just buy it for special occasions? According to what you want, you will be interested in a cheaper model or invest in a more expensive one.
- Cover or without lid ?: Do you know that there are models of gas barbecues that are sold without a lid? This is what is commonly known as a gas grill. It is much better if it has a lid, because it helps to make the food better. But, anyway, you like how food is without a lid.
- Location: Although the location of a gas barbecue does not cost as much to decide, as it does with coal, it is important to verify that you have the necessary space to install it.
How to use a gas barbecue correctly?
Do you think gas barbecue is something you will learn in a single day? Of course not! If you want the food you prepare in it to be perfect, you will have to learn a series of tricks:
- The grill always clean: Does it seem obvious to you? For many it is not so much. It is true that this type of butane barbecues do not have to be cleaned as much as others, but the smoke from the grill leaves a bad taste in the food but it is cleaned well. In addition, the fat generated by the heat will also stick to the grill, and this can spoil the taste of some dishes. For example, if you have previously cooked fish, and do not clean it well, the taste could stick to the taste of the meat.
- Beware of bursts: Yes, gas barbecues are safe, but when the grease from the food is mixed with a spark, or flame, an unexpected burst may occur. To avoid this, you must have a part of the grill empty, to be able to move the food in case the flame rises.
- Sugar and heat, what is there to know ?: There are foods that are cooked with sauces, and these are very rich in sugar. Sugar burns when it reaches a temperature of 130º C. When cooking this type of food, you should watch that your barbecue does not exceed this temperature.
- Always watch the barbecue: It is very fun to be in a meeting with friends and family while the barbecue is busy preparing dishes, but are you going to leave it unattended? Only one mistake and the cooking point could be damaged, a fire could occur or it could go off without you noticing and spoiling the evening.
- Perfect cooking point: Gas barbecues can reach a temperature of up to 300º C. This does not mean that all the food you cook with it must be made at this temperature. For example, lamb, pork or veal meat should be cooked with a high temperature, but fish, vegetables or chicken should be done over medium heat. You should be patient with the cooking times.
- Do you know how to use the seal ?: To obtain the best flavor in a barbecue, sealing is one of the great secrets of cooking in this type of instrument. It helps to give an excellent flavor to the meat, like caramelised. To do this, heat the grill to the maximum, place the meat and wait a minute. After the minute, it is turned around, the heat is reduced and it is finished.
- Learn to use indirect heat: To roast some types of meats, such as chicken, it is better to use indirect heat. To do this you have to turn off the burners under the meat and turn only those at the corners. In this way the meat will not be made too much and will have a unique texture.
How should a gas bbq be cleaned?
If it is the first time you have a gas barbecue, you may not know how to clean it. This type of barbecue must be done two types of cleaning; one after each use and the annual.
For the general you will have to light the barbecue, with the oven lid closed, for about 20 minutes. This will burn the remains of fat and food, achieving a quick partial cleaning. Once the 20 minutes have passed, turn off the barbecue and let it cool down . Next, disconnect the gas cylinder and the burners . With a brass brush proceed to clean the grill, and then with a sponge dampened with mild soap (containing neutral pH) and warm water . You’ll have to do the same with the deflectors. Do not use abrasive products, as this will spoil the enameling of the barbecue.
And for the rest of the barbecue? With one or two a year will suffice. For the burners you will have to remove them, removing the back clip, and wash them with a steel barbed brush . Make sure you are cleaning the holes in the burners, thus ensuring maximum cleaning. To clean the interior well, you can use a watering hose, introducing it through the hole. Once finished, let it dry.
The lid is the easiest area to clean, since you only need a sponge, a barbecue cleaner and warm water. In case there are white spots, or corrosion, you can use cooking oil. Bat a cloth in this oil and apply it in circular motions.
The side trays will depend on the material . If it’s made of wood, you can use teak oil, but if it’s steel, you’d better use a barbecue cleaner. Lastly, the soil. This type of barbecues can generate stains that are very difficult to clean. Therefore, it is better to install a barbecue pad or mats for splashing.
Where should you put your gas barbecue?
The great advantage of this type of barbecues is that it is much easier to locate them than other types. You can have it on a terrace or in the garden, without any problem, since they are much safer and there are not as many chances of fire.
Although they do not make so much smoke, the ideal is that they are not near doors or windows . It is also not advisable to be near the area where you are going to eat , as the smell of gas could be annoying for your guests.
Gas barbecues are ideal for preparing chicken and skewers on the grill.
Since size is a negative factor in this type of barbecues, you should look for a place with a lot of space to install it. Generally, they are usually put on terraces , but if you have a large garden, you can also have it in that area without problems.
Better or worse than other barbecues?
This barbecue also has some disadvantages. For example, there is its price. While it is true that it can be safer, coal barbecues are a more economical investment . In addition, we must ensure that the cylinder does not run out of gas.
Also, you can not enjoy the fantastic experience that results from lighting a barbecue. On the other hand, you can not take it anywhere. These barbecues are large and heavy, and you must add the extra weight of the bottle. Although there are smaller models, they are much more bulky than other types of barbecues.
Even so, they have the great advantage that they are easier to locate in any area of your land , without having to worry that a fire can be caused by a small oversight.