South America is a country that is very rich in gastronomic culture, especially in terms of salsa. But if you are going to make tacos, there is only one sauce that is really going to hit with this dish: the green sauce. Do not know the recipe for green sauce for barbecued tacos? Here we show you!
What is green sauce?
The tacos are a recipe with many years of history. And with them, we could say that the use of green sauce was born, the perfect complement to give more flavor to the delicacy.
In Mexico, one of the countries in which it is most used, is known as taquera sauce . Although in the West it has become a sauce that is used for fish and meat, in South America it is used, especially for tacos.
To prepare this delicious sauce, these are the ingredients you will need:
- 750 grams of tomatoes
- ½ large onion
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 coriander bonche
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken lozenge
- 7-12 Serrano chiles
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preparation of green sauce for barbecue tacos
Have you ever tried to make the green sauce recipe for barbecue tacos? It is not very difficult, follow these steps and you will have it ready in a jiffy:
- Start by removing the seeds from the peppers (if you do not like them much you can use jalapeños), cut the tomatoes in half and all together you cook them in a pot over low heat. More or less they should be cooking for about 4-5 minutes on each side , until getting a golden color.
- Then, in a pan, heat the tablespoon of olive oil . When it is hot peel the garlic cloves and chop the onion into pieces as small as possible . Along with the chilies, brown the onion and garlic cloves.
- If you have a blender, along with the ingredients you have cooked and fried, add them all together, except the avocado . Blend everything until the ingredients are perfectly liquefied.
- Next, peel and chop the avocado . Proceed to liquefy everything together until it turns into a sauce a little thicker.
- Do not you have a blender? There is no problem In that case, except for the avocado, add all the ingredients in a blender and beat everything together for about four or five minutes . To get the sauce more liquid, add a little water.
- Chop the avocado into very small pieces, and pour it into the blender glass to start beating again, until a green sauce with a little more thickness is formed. And you’ll have it ready!
Do you want other tips for green sauce?
To what the elaboration of the green sauce is very simple? You may want to do it with a little more thickness. In that case, you can cook it a little in a pan , or pot, with a spoonful of flour dessert. In this way, the sauce will be somewhat thicker.
It does not need to be used only when you’re cooking barbecued tacos. You can use it for meats, fish and even for pasta dishes . In the case of using it for tacos, it is the last ingredient that you should add to these.
Its conservation is quite simple, since you can have it in the fridge. If you have a jar of vacuum closed, it will be better than any other container in which you can place this sauce. Although, so as not to spoil the dishes a bit with the cold, you can warm it up before using it.